In a bid to address identified challenges, embrace new global best practices or align with emerging beneficial trends in the international trade and transport industry, the Council, through its advocacy services, promotes the formulation and implementation of new policies and adoption and implementation of new legal regimes. This has proved a potent means of improving efficiency in the industry.
Some of the Council’s efforts in this regard include:
- The UNCITRAL Rotterdam Rules.
- IMO Container Weighing Regulation.
- Improving Transport Cost and Connectivity across the Sub-region.
- The International Chamber of Commerce International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS).
- World Trade Organisation Trade Facilitation Agreement (WTO, TFA).